PUBLIC DOMAIN SOCIAL
Effective January 9, 2019
- What information we collect from you.
- How the information collected is used, stored, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your PII.
- The measures we have put in place to protect your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information we collect from you.
Information We Collect from You
We only have access to and/or collect the PII that:
- you voluntarily give us through the Site
- we get via email or other direct contact from you; and
- that is provided to us by or on behalf of your Business Owner, or by other third parties for purposes of providing a better customer or Business Owner experience.
i. Information we collect from you when you visit our Site:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- IP address
- Site you visited before coming to ours
- CBI emails you open and/or forward
- CBI offers or links you connect to via emails
- Your product selections and preferences
ii. Information we collect directly from you, whether via email or other forms of direct contact with us:
We collect information directly from you when you sign up to become a Business Owner or participate in any of our offers and programs or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Demographic information
- Future communication preferences
- Name, email address, postal address
- Phone number or mobile number
- information (such as your credit or debit card number and expiration date)
- Username and password
- Other information about you and your family such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviors
iii. Information we collect from, or on behalf of, Business Owner or from other third parties:
- email address
- telephone number
- postal address
Cookies and Similar Technology
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable the acceptance of cookies at any time by changing the preferences in your browser. Please refer to your browser for information on how to disable and control cookies. If you choose to disable cookies on your browser, you may not be able to use some of the features or services offered on the Site. If cookies are enabled on your browser, you should assume that information about your visit is constantly being gathered by every website that you visit, including the Site.
How we Use your Information
By using the Site or, placing an order through one of our Business Owners, you authorize us to gather, parse, retain, use, and share your PII to provide offers, products and services to you. We also use the information to connect you with a Business Owner from whom you can purchase products, where applicable, or to tell you about the opportunity to become a Business Owner and to manage the Site, including servicing the Business Owners. The following are specific ways we may use your PII:
- to send samples, products and information upon request
- to develop new and enhanced products and services
- to create and manage your account
- to process payment for purchases or for other services or, where applicable, for or on behalf of your Business Owner
- to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
- where permitted by law, to provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about our Products and opportunities to become an Ambassador through postal mail
- to develop and provide advertising, including advertising about the opportunity to become an Ambassador, tailored to your interests
- to analyze how our Products and the Site are benefitting you
- to understand how you arrived at the Site and how you use the Site so that we can make it better
- to determine the effectiveness of our advertising
- to enforce our terms and conditions for the Site.
- to meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding and other appropriate legal mechanisms
- to provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us support you or help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements and respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
How we Store and Share your Information
WE WILL NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR PII, BUT WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SHARE IT AMONG CBI AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES IN CONNECTION WITH MARKETING ACTIVITIES AND MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION OF THE SITE, OR AS MAY BE LEGALLY REQUIRED.
We may partner with third parties to provide specific services. When you chose to participate in the types of services provided by these third parties, we may share your PII as necessary for the third parties to provide those services. These third parties are not permitted to use the information except for the purpose of providing the relevant services.
Your Access to and Control of Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given below:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. We also reserve the right, from time to time, to re-contact former Site visitors and users.
We are not responsible for removing information or causing information to be removed from the databases or other records of third parties (including third-party service providers and Business Owners) with whom we have already shared your PII.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS, PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE AS SET FORTH IN “SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA USERS” BELOW.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit PII via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline.
When we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data) online, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only personnel and our advisors who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to your PII. The computers/servers in which we store PII are kept in a secure environment.
Nevertheless, unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Special Notification for California Users
California Users may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of PII to affiliated companies for such affiliated companies’ direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us by mail at the following address:
Attn: Public Domain Marketing
9120 NE Alderwood Road
Portland, OR 97220
Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of PII disclosed to such affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these companies and a description of the nature of their businesses. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Intended Users of the Site
This Site is intended for adults only. By accessing, providing information through, or otherwise using the Site, you affirm:
- that you are at least eighteen (18) years old, or that you are between the age of thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) and possess legal parental or guardian consent to use the Site and provide information through the Site;
- that you are a resident of the United States of America; and
Use of Site by Children
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect or maintain PII from children under age 13, and no part of the Product is directed to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any PII to us. You should rely on a parent or guardian to assist you. If you learn that your child has provided us with PII without your consent, please let us know immediately at [email protected]. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.